Baked Marinated Pork Spare Ribs
These delectable sticky ribs will go down a treat as an appetizer or a family meal.
- 1.3kg pork spare ribs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp olive oil + extra for greasing
- 1 tsp chili powder
- In a small mixing bowl, add the honey, tomato sauce, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, olive oil and chili powder. Stir to combine, creating a marinade.
- To marinate, place the ribs in a shall baking dish and pour over the marinade, turning the ribs to coat evenly. Seal completely and place in the fridge for at least 6 hours, turning occasionally. The ribs can be left to marinate overnight for more developed flavour.
- When ready to cook the ribs, preheat the oven to 210 degrees C. Line a new baking dish with foil and pour enough water in to cover the base.
- Brush a wire roasting rack with olive oil to grease and place in the water. The top of the rack should be above the water line.
- Remove the ribs from the marinade and arrange on the roasting rack in a single layer. Place in the oven.
- Reserve the marinade and place in a saucepan. Heat until boiling, then reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes, until thick.
- While ribs are baking, turning and baste occassionally with thickened marinade for 40-50 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- Serve immediately.