Lamb Rack with Herb Crust
Mark a special occasion or impress your dinner party guests with this flavoursome roast lamb rack in a herb crumb.
- 4 x 4-bone lamb racks
- 50g fresh breadcrumb
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, stems removed
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, stems removed
- zest of 1 lemon
- 25g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 250g baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- In a food processor, add the breadcrumbs, herbs, lemon zest, Parmesan and 1 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper. Process until everything is finely chopped and combined.
- Place an oven proof frying pan on high heat and add the oil. Season the lamb, then add to the frying pan, browning it well on all sides. Remove from the heat.
- Make sure the lamb racks are fat-side up and brush generously with mustard. Press the bread crumb over the top of the mustard to make a crust and drizzle with a little more olive oil.
- Roast for 25 minutes, until the crust is golden and lamb is cooked through.
- Remove lamb from the pan and place on a wooden board to rest. Serve with creamy mashed potato, steamed vegetables and mint sauce or gravy.