Slow Cooker Beef Massaman Curry
A tasty and very filling Thai curry that melts in your mouth.
- 2 tbs oil
- 2 onions sliced
- 400g potatoes peeled cut into large chunks
- 800g diced beef
- 1/2 cup Massaman curry paste
- 270 ml coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 2/3 cups peanuts toasted
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 handful coriander leaves (garnish)
- 4 lime wedges (garnish)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the onions, stirring often, for about 6 minutes until they are soft and starting to caramelise. Transfer to a slow cooker and top with potatoes.
- In the same frying pan, heat the remaining oil and brown off meat in batches, adding to slow cooker as it is done.
- Fry Massaman paste in the same pan for 1-2 minutes to release flavours. Pour in coconut milk and stock, and bring to the boil. Stir through sugar, then pour over meat in slow cooker. Add peanuts and cinnamon and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. When meat is tender, stir through fish sauce and lime juice.
- Serve with rice.