Teriyaki Style Chicken Wings
Crispy chicken wings with teriyaki style sauce - these wings make a great party food or a fun lunch idea.
- 1.5kg Chicken Wings
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 1/4 cup water (divided)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- Preheat oven 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and place a wire baking rack inside. Set aside.
- Pat the chicken wings dry with paper towels, then place the wings in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle the baking powder, salt and pepper onto the chicken and toss to coat.
- Arrange the wings on the prepared baking rack and space them apart so they don't touch.
- Bake the wings in the oven for 40 - 45 minutes. Wings should be light golden brown.
- While the chicken is cooking, place a saucepan over medium heat and add 1 cup of water, the soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, ground ginger and garlic powder. Bring to the boil, whisking frequently.
- While the mixture is coming to the boil, in a small bowl, mix the remaining 1/4 cup water with the cornflour to create a paste.
- Pour the paste into the saucepan, then bring back to the boil, whisking frequently. Once boiling, cook for 1-2 minutes. Sauce is ready when it easily coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and allow to cool for slightly, for about 10 minutes.
- Once the wings are baked, place them in a large bowl and pour over the prepared sauce. Using tongs, toss the chicken wings to coat in the sauce.
- Serve on a large platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.